Monday, March 16, 2015

painting

I spent today playing around with some different painting techniques. These were fun and simple to do and I want to play around with it some more. I started all these with a light grey underpainting in gouache. Then I applied colored pencil only to the shadow areas to give them some color and richness, followed by transparent layers of gouache on top. I added more colored pencil and/or gouache until I was happy with the contrasts between light and dark. I really tried to focus on working fast and not overworking the brush strokes.


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete