Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hi. . . Remember Me?

So how do I explain away a year and a half absence from my poor deserted blog? . . . I don't, there is no excuse so I am just going to pretend it never happened and jump right back in. So, every valentine's day I do an illustration for my daughter (now four years old) and this is what I painted for her yesterday. I named her Rosie. I painted her in watercolor, which I am just starting to get into and I am loving it.





Also, in the interest of expanding my painting styles, I did this digital illustration this week too. I definitely prefer traditional mediums and getting my hands on actual paintbrushes but this was fun and I think I'll play around with digital work some more. 



I will have lots more posts coming up so please stay tuned, I have a lot to catch up on.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful painting you did for your daughter :)

    I agree I do like the traditional painting feel better than digital painting. I tend to default to digital painting due to laziness most of the time.

    ReplyDelete