Monday, February 7, 2011

rainy day girls


Finally a new illustration. I've been in a creative dry spell lately which is mostly due to a very demanding toddler. Free time to myself is long ago a thing of the past. However she was in a quiet mood today and I was able to get this painting done which I've had in my head for a while now. It feels so good to paint again! I also joined a weekly life drawing class starting tomorrow which I hope will continue to get the creative juices flowing. This was painted with my new acryla gouaches which once dry are like acrylic in that they can't be reworked but unlike acrylic (which I find can look plasticy), these have a nice matte finish. I give them two big thumbs up!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I think it has the feel of classic quality illustration, for a children's book of 50 years back. Super awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back in the game!(even though you took over the art desk - maybe we need to buy a his and hers). I love the loose suggestion of rain in the background and gesture of the figure. Keep it up champ I give YOU TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you please tell me what this artwork is about :) i really like the look of it

    ReplyDelete