Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Animal Parade




So here is a new painting I did last week, painted in gouache. It was nice to step away from oil paints for awhile and get back into gouache, it's so much faster and I like that instant gratification. This one is pretty large at about three and a half feet wide. I would have made it even larger if I could find a piece of watercolor paper big enough! I prefer painting large, when it's too small I feel as if I don't have as much control over the paint. I wish now that I had given it some sort of background though, it feels too plain.

4 comments:

  1. Lookin Good. Glad To See You Posting again. Hope Everything is going well with the baby! MR.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Painting.....Cute for a baby's room perhaps :) Keep up the great work. I love it.
    Mr. X's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely illustration and painting! Thank you for your comment..it was so nice to read. :)

    ReplyDelete