Friday, March 20, 2009

Squid Alert



Finally finished! I just completed this painting yesterday, the paint is still wet. I have been working on it for a long, long time and it feels really good to be done. It was painted in oils and started out as a monochromatic grey painting and then I added layers and layers of glazes to get the colors I wanted. It was very time consuming since I had to wait for each layer to dry before I could add a new one (usually a few days or more). It's also a pretty large painting, 36x24''. The colors turned out brighter than I had imagined but overall I'm very happy with it. On to the next one. . .
It fits into IF's topic 'Subtract' because I subtracted some of the squid's anatomy to make it more stylized. Your comments are always welcome and thanks for looking!